Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

I hope you are enjoying the turkey!  We just came back from my in-laws.  My mother-in-law is the best!  She makes real good food!  We were quite a bit at supper, so I offered to bring dessert.  Yummy apple crisp!!  My daughter is a great little helper.  She helped me through all the steps of making it!  And it was delicious!!!  None left!!!!

Well, with the long weekend, comes many opportunity to scrap!! YAY!!!  So that's what I did.  I bought the September/October issue of Paper Crafts Magazine.  I've read though it about a hundred times already and I'll probably read it again about that many times more!  It's got many Halloween theme goodies in it!  And since I love making cards..... well here's a few that I've crafted.


Since the issue of Paper Crafts Magazine had so many great ideas, heck! why not scraplift a little!



This first card, I really like the simplicity of the design.  I designed it pretty much like the one in the magazine.  Same color stripes and ribbon.  I did use a different embossing plate for the stripes and distressed them along with the card.  I also heat embossed the title . 

This next card, I also guided myself with one of their on-line projects.  Again, I'm a pretty simple scrapper and I really loved the way the card just spoke to me.  Here is the card featured from Paper Crafts Magazine.

 Here is my take on this card.


I just love the way it turned out!  I even got some hooos and haaaaas from my hubby!!


My next card, well I got some new white embossing powder and a few new Halloween stamps the other day.  I was having so much fun with my heat gun that I embossed the little skeleton, cut him up and stuck him on this card.  Isn't he the cutest!!


I'm really enjoying making Halloween cards this year!  Hope you like them!  Have a great weekend and don't eat to much turkey!!!


Have a great night!


Iso =)

No comments:

Post a Comment