Thursday, February 5, 2015

Snow Much Fun & A Birthday Card

Hey there!

So we are being hit with our 4th snow storm in the past 9 days.  According to the weather authorities, our city has seen 201cm of snow so far... and more is falling as I write this.  The kids have missed 3 or 4 days of school in the last 2 weeks.  Today just happens to be another snow day for them!  YAY!


My daughter is extremely happy she has the day off as today is her birthday!  My baby girl turns 10 today.  While they are outside playing in the snow, I've headed to my craft room to create a little card for her special day!

I really miss sitting down at my craft table and creating stuff.  I especially miss creating cards.  I usually just go with the flow when I create cards, but for this one, I actually had a plan!  So I got my tools out and went at it!


I haven't taking out my mists in so long, I thought maybe they wouldn't work.  I gave them a good shake and dropped some specks on a piece of white cardstock.


Gave them a quick dry with the heat gun.  I wanted to emboss a background on the panel, but didn't want the powder to stick to the mist.


Inked my background stamp with VersaMark Ink and them heat embossed it with some white embossing powder.  I wanted a white on white background.


While wanting to get a good impression of the stamp on my card piece, I pressed a little to hard and the paper moved.  So the words aren't very clear, but no matter, I wasn't really looking to be able to read the background.  I was looking for something subtle, to give it texture.


I have a bunch of washi tape hidden in a drawer... I choose 3 that matched the mist and created these banners.  I poked a hole on each side and stringed some floss and tied it in a bow.  Reminds me of a wrapped gift.


I added my sentiment and sprinkled a few sequins for extra bling!


And VOILA!  The finished card!  I like it.  I think my little princess will like it too!


I hope you're inspired by my card today and will create one too!

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate the visit.

Much love,

1 comment: